Company: Mobile Gaming Studio
Position: Technical Director
Location: London (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
You have the unique opportunity to join a well-invested, rapidly growing mobile game studio, based in London, looking to appoint an experienced Technical Director, to take lead on the release of several games just this year! They are building a best-in-class mobile game studio from the ground up, hiring incredibly talented people, who are passionate about their specific area of expertise, and who want to leverage their experience to play a key role in shaping the wider studio and have an unrivalled impact.
- Work alongside the executive team to plan, challenge and implement the technical and business strategy.
- Provide line management of the development and technical delivery leads.
- Be accountable for the company’s technical solutions, familiar with designing and operating large-scale solutions with high availability and sub-second response times.
- Be an escalation point between technical delivery leads (Frontend, Server, and Platform).
- Set the culture for the entire technical team, promoting growth opportunities, and inspiring the technical teams across the business.
- Support the recruitment process for future talent and plan the growth of the technical team.
- Ensure best practices are maintained across the technical teams.
- 10+ years’ experience in Software Development.
- Excellent proficiency in understanding well-structured C#, .NET, and Unity code, adhering to Object Orientated Programming and Unity best practices.
- A deep knowledge of game programming beyond development, such as gameplay, graphics, UI, tools, etc.
- Expert understanding of distributed systems deployed into public cloud infrastructure.
- A proven track-record in leading technical teams and developing mobile games.
- Ability to review team members code and ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Experience with high scales of concurrent usage.
- A deep understanding of client/server communication.
- An influential and effective communicator and leader.