System Support Engineer – Manchester Airport – Competitive
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the System Support Engineer will be part of a team consisting of service and support engineers. The team is responsible for;
Our client a leading IT MSP are looking for a System Support Engineer, that will be responsible for;
- Remedial Maintenance – Responding to Customer reported incidents (via service desk) within an SLA framework, ensuring all incidents are resolved or service restored within SLA.
- Minor Works – Ensuring Customers requests (Moves, Adds, Changes or Cancellations) are delivered within expected timeframes.
- Preventative Maintenance Inspections
- Installations – Installation of equipment and services at the client site and other locations.
The Engineer will be using mainly using cellular based technology in addition to service scope including; Unified Comms, Network, Wireless and M2M related technologies that; form part of shared platforms or dedicated solutions for customers,
This role will work closely with other Operational functions to ensure that multi-technology solutions are delivered and supported seamlessly for our customers.
- Ensure that the overall performance of Service meets: customer service level requirements & Service performance targets
- Maintaining customer satisfaction as per set targets and objectives.
- Ensure each all functions within Service operate in compliance with all SHEQ (Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality) & legal.
- Ensure all service requests are completed within agreed SLA
- Ensure all service tickets raised on SME / Remedy are completed in a timely manner against our SLA’s.
- To deliver Client Projects as requested. This includes the installation and testing of IBDAS and may require night working to deliver these areas due to the nature of the technology.
- To assist with the on-call rota.
- To be able to train your peers to an acceptable standard on cellular faults and PMI’s.
Key Qualifications and Experience.
- Excellent cellular, Unified Comms and/or Network and I.T. technical and industry knowledge.
- Excellent client facing skills with very strong verbal & written communication
- Previous cellular based knowledge to a high standard
- Cellular test equipment knowledge to a high standard
- Project delivery to agreed timescales and within budget
- Able to work under own initiative and also within a team environment
- Clean driving license
- Experience of working under pressurized situations in delivering service & response activities where strict SLA’s are to be met.
- Available 5 year employment history