Our client is a global leading investment management company with over 400 employees worldwide including 100 investment professionals currently managing over 15 billion pounds. The successful Senior Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible for providing 3rd line support for the desktop environment, client applications and hardware.
- Make sure to provide desktop environment lifecycle development and automation and ensure active directory & exchange 2016 object maintenance and administration.
- Maintain proactive performance & reliability analysis leading to continuous improvement of the desktop environment.
- Work with Internal & External customers/vendors to pro-actively obtain information regarding applications for packaging problem solving or escalations.
- Ensure software deployment and troubleshooting as well as making sure that IT requests are logged and managed in line with company procedures.
- Over 5 + years’ experience, most recent 3 years within Financial Services.
- Trade floor support experience.
- Advanced VDI Administration and Troubleshooting – VMWare Horizon.
- Advanced VMWare vSphere Suite Administration.
- Strong MS Exchange 2016 user administration.
- Excellent understanding of control and delivery principles and PowerShell scripting.
- Experience of software packaging with SCCM / Chocolatey
- Advanced analytical troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask and prioritise well
- Some desirable skills are:
- University degree
- ITIL Foundation
- Basic TSQL query experience
- Advanced Exchange 2016 object administration